BikeToAustralia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate through Paypal
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» From home near Boston to Phoenix
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 am by ChasingSanity

» Carthage Press 2014 July 1 with Rebecca Haines
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - June 2012
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - April 2012
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - March 2012 (United Kingdom)
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:53 am by ChasingSanity

» A REAL space catapult in my lifetime?!
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:48 pm by ChasingSanity

» Prose and poetry
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - February 2012
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - January 2012
 Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am by ChasingSanity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/

Go down

Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ Empty Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/

Post  ChasingSanity Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:09 am

Good bye Facebook
Post ChasingSanity on Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 20:26
Facebook wants me to validate my identity by recognizing two randomly chosen friends. Most of the people I am friended with are people I met on the road. I met 1,000's of people! I figure I met about 1,000 each month for the last year.

Good bye Facebook... I sent them a comment/suggestion asking them to let me on one last time to say good bye to everybody, one last post. Anyways, not much of a loss to me, I get an email saying someone wants to add me as a friend, I log on (get a new password each time cuz I did not know what computer I would be using), accept and log off.

Like I said; Good bye Facebook...
Facebook then and now

Post ChasingSanity Yesterday at 8:43
I was on Facebook
I had to make a new account on Facebook because they wanted me to "Verify my identity" by identifying two randomly chosen friends. How am I going to identify people I met for a minute while they took my picture or, even worse, people that are just excited by what I am doing? Impossible, I said goodbye to Facebook.

I made a new Facebook account, Bike To Australia. This time I will tell people to check my website to get my CURRENT Facebook account.
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Good bye Facebook, Hello Facebook :/ Empty Goodbye again

Post  ChasingSanity Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:50 am

I was only on Facebook for a few days this time. "Unusual activity?" I have no clue but if verifying MY identity means connecting the names of friends to their faces, there is no hope. People invite me, I accept. They want to follow me on Facebook, great! But, Facebook has to cooperate in this effort. And what about people changing their picture to show off their latest escapade?

Facebook needs to provide another way to verify MY identity. On the other hand, if they are working to increase their membership numbers, this verification method is very effective. Unless you count ACTIVE membership.
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum