BikeToAustralia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate through Paypal
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» From home near Boston to Phoenix
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 am by ChasingSanity

» Carthage Press 2014 July 1 with Rebecca Haines
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - June 2012
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - April 2012
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - March 2012 (United Kingdom)
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:53 am by ChasingSanity

» A REAL space catapult in my lifetime?!
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:48 pm by ChasingSanity

» Prose and poetry
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - February 2012
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - January 2012
multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am by ChasingSanity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal

Go down

multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal Empty multi GRAIN / BEAN / NUT / (dried) FRUIT complete meal

Post  ChasingSanity Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Minnie Meese's Mighty Muffins
I made this only once so this is definitely a work in progress. The first time around, I ground up the grains, beans and nuts into flours and cooked them all together. The soy beans had an overpowering taste. The flavors of the nuts were diffused throughout the muffins - the flavors were lost.

Use equal amounts, by weight of beans and grains, cooked or dried, I don't care. It is supposed to make a complete protein. but, my vegan friends said that is now a myth. I still don't care. Taste, I care about taste. Try to make it so you can taste all the ingredients and so it holds together.

The NEXT time around, cook the grains and beans FIRST according whatever instructions you find most appealing. Then, I used 13, 15 or 17 bean soup mix, throwing away that nasty, fake ham flavoring. The grains, well... I have yet to find an inexpensive option, buy them in their own separate bags - millet, oats, grits, corn meal, rice (I like short grain brown rice best). Corn would be good too, either corn meal or whole kernel. All cooked.

Let all that cool to room temperature, maybe refrigerate? Anyways, now add the (chopped) dried fruit and (crushed) nuts. Now for the pièce de résistance; coconut oil, yes coconut oil for the oil!

How much of each ingredient? Did I mention this is a work in progress? If you want more fruit, I give you permission to add as many as you want. Nuts. same amount as the fruits; whatever works for you. I recommend trying black walnuts if you can find them. Spices? I would go with the sweet, spicy stuff - what's in pumpkin pie spice and mulled apple cider? What spices are used in other pastries?

Now, GENTLY mix the all the ingredients together and bake it again, just like muffin mix or cookie dough. You want the grains and beans, the nuts and fruits to survive somewhat intact - so each has their textures and shapes, that is the biggest challenge, mingling but still distinguishable.

Someone should pay me for that explanation - "That is the biggest challenge, mingling but still distinguishable." That is living well, art, love, music, food, teamwork, ecology... everything![code]/
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum