BikeToAustralia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate through Paypal
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» From home near Boston to Phoenix
Questions I often hear EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 am by ChasingSanity

» Carthage Press 2014 July 1 with Rebecca Haines
Questions I often hear EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - June 2012
Questions I often hear EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - April 2012
Questions I often hear EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - March 2012 (United Kingdom)
Questions I often hear EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:53 am by ChasingSanity

» A REAL space catapult in my lifetime?!
Questions I often hear EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:48 pm by ChasingSanity

» Prose and poetry
Questions I often hear EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - February 2012
Questions I often hear EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - January 2012
Questions I often hear EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am by ChasingSanity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Questions I often hear

Go down

Questions I often hear Empty Questions I often hear

Post  ChasingSanity Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 pm

1) Where did you come from?
Las Vegas, Nevada
1a) On that bike?!
Yep on a bike like this.

2) Where are you going?
Around the world. But it is not a round trip - I am not coming back. I am going through the USA, Canada, Europe, the Orient and the islands, then I am going back to where I liked it most.
2a) Where's that? I don't know yet. Smile

3) How will you cross the ocean / water / big pond? (silly suggestions)
I will get to the southeast corner of Canada; St John, Newfoundland, Canada, go to the docks, get to know the sailors and ask for working passage on an ocean-going vessel.

4) What lead you to do this?
This is a solution to my circumstances; I was unemployed for a long time. I had recently gotten a divorce (no kids, no close family ties), so I had to leave the house. I was scared and I needed a plan. A friend said I had a rare opportunity - no ties and no responsibilities, what did I want to do with it? All other things aside, what did I want to do with my life? That changed my fearful questions of "What can I do?" and Where can I go?" into soul searching ones; "Where do I want to go?" and "What do I want to do?".

I want to see the world. I felt blissful knowing what I really wanted to do. Then Reality slapped me upside the head - "How am I going to do that with no money? I sold almost everything I owned, which was not much. I bought a few things I thought I absolutely had to have then I packed up and rode off.
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Questions I often hear Empty How can you afford this?

Post  ChasingSanity Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 am

I am not independantly wealthy. I did not start out with savings. I do not have in income.

I am independant, creative, resourceful and determined. I have goals, I will reach them or change them.

Food is the most expensive need I have. I have food stamps, I use food banks, soup kitchens and homeless shelters. I stop at churches which are often food banks.

Churches are also good places to ask if I can camp the night, especially if it is raining! Gas stations are also accomdating.

Hotels have free WIFI and, most times, free coffee. Libraries only have free coffee. But, now that my netbook is gone, libraries also have computers with internet access I can use. Sometimes, hotels let me eat their complimentary breakfast for free and, I sometimes even get a shower for free from a hotel.

When I stay at someone's home, I do laundry, if they have a washer and dryer.

I cook, clean, do house repairs and play with their dog - anything I can do to give back to the world. I help anybody I can with anything I can do.
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum