BikeToAustralia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate through Paypal
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» From home near Boston to Phoenix
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 am by ChasingSanity

» Carthage Press 2014 July 1 with Rebecca Haines
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - June 2012
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - April 2012
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - March 2012 (United Kingdom)
My Journey - December 2011 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:53 am by ChasingSanity

» A REAL space catapult in my lifetime?!
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:48 pm by ChasingSanity

» Prose and poetry
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - February 2012
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - January 2012
My Journey - December 2011 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am by ChasingSanity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

My Journey - December 2011

Go down

My Journey - December 2011 Empty My Journey - December 2011

Post  ChasingSanity Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:40 am

Monday, December 19th, 2011
Tony's secret surprise wedding is over so I can tell you about it.
Tony is Pamela's youngest brother. About two weeks ago, Tony told Pamela about his Christmas party surprise wedding plans; do not tell anybody! Pamela promptly set about telling everybody. Smile Was that Tony's plan?

Bill is Pamela's brother too, Bill is the middle sibling of three. That makes Pamela the oldest, in case you missed that. Tony is now married to Maureen. Maureen has two young children from previous marriage, Kate and Ryan.

Bill brought his wife, Mary and their two children, Max and Emily. Max is attending SCAD University. Emily is waiting with baited breath for acceptances to universities.

Pamela does not get along with Tony, and therefore, Maureen. The stage is set and the characters labeled, the main characters, anyways.

Within minutes of walking into their house (Tony bought the family house after their parents died), there were skirmishes for supremacy. A) Tony's friend, Tom made a bid for 'running the show' by trying to get the throne of power (armchair strategically placed in front of the LCD/plasma screen TV sports oracle) moved out of the path the bride would take through the living room into the dining room where the wedding would consummate. Tom lost that battle, but the ottoman was cast out to parts unknown. B) Maureen's father got to sit on the throne of power, in the middle of everything. But, the TV had been turned off?! How can a man survive without watching sports on TV? Maureen said "It's time to turn off the TV." in the same voice one tells the children it is time to go to sleep. Maureen pulled the remote control for the TV out of hiding in the fireplace and turned the TV back on. Daddy trumped bride. C) The next time I saw Daddy, he was hiding out in another room with no TV, only h'orderves to sustain him. D) Several people were orphaned strangers left to fend for themselves while their mate was reacquainting themselves with old friends. Pamela orphaned me throughout the night to whisper into people's ears about "Bike To Australia" and my other charms. E) Before we even got to the surprise wedding party, Pamela wanted my hair to be "Koala Bear" curly, but 'evening wear requested' required I comb my hair. Pamela tried all manner of threats, bribes, coercion and persuasion to have her way with my hair. No luck, no love. Finally, a few minutes before we left for the night, Pamela forgave me my hairy indiscretions and smiled my way. She even talked with me.

The next day, Bill, (Pamela's brother), his family and Tony all came over to our house (Pamela's) for lunch. I cooked - rice and beans with onions and garlic and olive oil, lots of kinds of fresh, steamed vegetables, spicy hummus (with olive oil added to the hummus) and garlic bread and tortilla chips, oh - chocolate stout beer, red and white wine, apple cider and several flavors of kombucha. I had a great time cooking it all up. I forgot to steam several kinds of vegetables but, no matter, there was no room in the pot. Tony could barely keep his eyes open at our house, people were up partying in his house, on his wedding night, until the wee hours of the night. I hope Maureen was keeping him company in those wee hours of their wedding night.

After everybody left our house; Tony to get some sleep, Bill and his family to go back home to Chicago (my hometown, small world, no?), Pamela and I went to another party. Yes, another party. Tiger (Robert) and Nancy were throwing a Christmas party at their house. It was a potluck. I convinced Pamela Nancy would not mind my bringing the remains of our party to contribute to her party. Nancy is amazingly practical. Pamela convinced me she, herself, wanted to eat most of my leftovers.

Today, I am typing away at Pamela's favorite, local coffee shop while a frazzled Pamela recovers from all that chaotic partying. I hope she actually sleeps and feels she has cleared her mind of this man that drives her to distraction; yours truly.
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

My Journey - December 2011 Empty Re: My Journey - December 2011

Post  ChasingSanity Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:42 am

How are YOUR holiday plans going? Anything funny, poignant, philosophical or devious?
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasingSanity Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Pamela told me how to spell h'orderves correctly; hor d'ouevres. I looked it up the first time, looked it up again and now stand corrected - hors d'oeuvres. I had to wrestle Pamela to get the scrap of paper these notes were on!
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down