BikeToAustralia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate through Paypal
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» From home near Boston to Phoenix
Recipes EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 am by ChasingSanity

» Carthage Press 2014 July 1 with Rebecca Haines
Recipes EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - June 2012
Recipes EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:45 pm by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - April 2012
Recipes EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - March 2012 (United Kingdom)
Recipes EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:53 am by ChasingSanity

» A REAL space catapult in my lifetime?!
Recipes EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:48 pm by ChasingSanity

» Prose and poetry
Recipes EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - February 2012
Recipes EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am by ChasingSanity

» My Journey - January 2012
Recipes EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am by ChasingSanity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Recipes

Go down

Recipes Empty Recipes

Post  ChasingSanity Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Peanut butter, cheese and honey on toasted bread with olive oil instead of butter

Toast 3 slices of bread, Ezekiel 4:9 is a good example for my kind of bread.
Then drizzle olive oil on ONE slice. It is tricky getting enough but not too much olive oil on. You want enough that you can taste it but not so much that the bread falls apart. Oily fingers are expected.
Put your nut butter on, could be peanut butter, could be almond butter, etc.

Drizzle olive oil on another slice of bread. No's the time to add slices of cheese or spread a soft cheese on, like cream cheese. Careful not to tear up the bread if you are spreading it on, maybe if the cheese was heated up a little to soften it? Put the slice with the cheese on the nut butter slice, cheese side down. Cheese, meet nut butter, big hug.

Olive oil and cheese go on the other side of the cheese slice.

Olive oil gets drizzled onto the last slice of unadulterated bread, add honey, evenly spread. Put the honey slice on top of the double cheese slice, honey side down.

Eat!

This is so good for you! The honey is almost instant energy. If it is raw, uncooked honey, it tastes so much better than pasteurized helps fight allergies and a host of other benefits. Honey is amazing. Cheese is good, easy to digest food with more calcium than milk and tastes better too. Nuts are one of the slowest, hardest foods to digest - bad for babies but good for us. The fats in nuts give us a full feeling, help our whole body with good fats, the proteins and carbohydrates are good too. Nuts have some good minerals too, like electrolytes and calcium. Whole grain bread made from stone ground or steel cut (multi-)grains with other goodies thrown in, like nuts, fruits, seeds... what's not to love?

Last edited by ChasingSanity on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

http://biketoaustralia.roflforum.net

Back to top Go down

Recipes Empty tortillas with veggies, cheese and spices

Post  ChasingSanity Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Put a corn tortilla on a microwave-safe plate, add a big pinch of shredded cabbage (coleslaw straight from a package, without any dressing), add a little bit of veggies like onion, green pepper, mushroom, tomato, whatever is on hand, add some cheese (a little less cheese than veggies), I sprinkle on a little dried, minced garlic, curry, whatever sounds good, not enough is better than too much.

Carefully put that in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, just until the cheese is melted, no more. Wrap it up while still hot. Careful not to burn your fingers, short, fast, delicate movements, use a toothpick or flip it over to keep the tortilla wrapped until it cools enough to eat.

What's not to love? Even if you think you can't cook, this is easy, fast, nutritious and inexpensive.

Last edited by ChasingSanity on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recipes Empty Salad so fast!

Post  ChasingSanity Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Get a bag or box of salad (picking it from your garden out back would be best but my bike is not equipped with a garden). Pour on olive oil, add spices like garlic, black pepper, 'Italian seasonings', curry and balsamic vinegar - less vinegar than olive oil. Shake it all up in a sealed container. Scattering oily salad all over the room is bad. Add shredded cheese on top of the tossed salad.

Eat!

That took how long to make? Experiment - add little bits of anything you want just before or just after the olive oil or add bits of fruit or nuts with the cheese. It takes longer to eat than to make.
ChasingSanity
ChasingSanity
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recipes Empty Re: Recipes

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum